Wednesday 15 July 2015

50 years of Tunes - 1990 - Fugazi "Repeater"

I don't suppose many people discovered the Washington D.C. based hardcore band due to them sharing a name with Marillion's second album.

At some point in the 90s I saw an ITV documentary on Fugazi which was excellent. I was intrigued by the DIY ethic and their straight-edge lifestyle but the music seemed a bit too scary for me at the time (I wasn't long out of REO Speedwagon compilations).

True to form it took me a long time to really investigate, but when I finally dipped my toe in I fell, head over heals in love.

Not. One. Duff. Album. Repeater is probably my favourite but they're all amazing.

1990 - Fugazi "Repeater"

Released: April 1990
Label: Dischord
Producer: Fugazi, Ted Niceley

Side one:
1. "Turnover" - 4:16 (Picciotto)
2. "Repeater" - 3:01 (MacKaye)
3. "Brendan #1" - 2:32
4. "Merchandise" - 2:59 (MacKaye)
5, "Blueprint" - 3:52 (Picciotto)

Side two:
6. "Sieve-Fisted Find" - 3:24 (Picciotto)
7. "Greed" - 1:47 (MacKaye/Picciotto)
8. "Two Beats Off" - 3:28 (Picciotto)
9. "Styrofoam" - 2:34 (MacKaye)
10. "Reprovisional" - 2:18 (Picciotto)
11. "Shut the Door" - 4:49 (MacKaye)



.

No comments: