Wednesday 6 May 2015

50 years of tunes - 1980 - Dexy's Midnight Runners "Searching For The Young Soul Rebels"

At least one regular reader won't be pleased to see this here but it's a brilliant album in my opinion and hands down the best thing that came out in 1980. I'm a sucker for brass and this album has buckets full of it as well as a really great Northern Soul vibe. Geno is one of my very favourite songs but this album is strong from start to finish.

1980 - Dexy's Midnight Runners "Searching For The Young Soul Rebels"

Released: July 1980
Label: EMI
Producer: Pete Wingfield

Side one:
1. "Burn It Down" (Kevin Rowland)
2. "Tell Me When My Light Turns Green" (Rowland)
3. "The Teams That Meet in Caffs" (Kevin Archer)
4. "I'm Just Looking" (Rowland, Geoffrey Blythe, Peter Saunders)
5. "Geno" (Rowland, Archer)

Side two:
6. "Seven Days Too Long" (J.R. Bailey, Vernon Harrell)
7. "I Couldn't Help It If I Tried" (Rowland, Jim Paterson)
8. "Thankfully Not Living in Yorkshire It Doesn't Apply" (Rowland, Saunders)
9. "Keep It" (Archer, Blythe)
10. "Love Part One" (Rowland)
11. "There, There, My Dear" (Rowland, Archer)




.

5 comments:

Shuft said...

Northern soul dungaree sh**. What had poor old Eileen done to deserve that as well!!

Shuft said...

How can you possibly choose this collection of songs over the NWOBHM classic Saxon - Wheels of Steel (..!)

Shuft said...

I will now right a program to bombard your site with messages and crash it!

Shuft said...

Joking!

Chopper said...

Ha ha! Saxon might make my top 5 for the year if that's any comfort :-)