Wednesday 4 February 2015

50 years of Tunes - 1967 - Aretha Franklin "I Never Loved A Man The Way I Love You"

My favourite Aretha album, the first of a run of seminal long players that are all outstanding, this one is absolutely spellbinding

1967 - Aretha Franklin "I Never Loved A Man The Way I Love You"
Released: March 10, 1967
Label: Atlantic
Producer: Jerry Wrexler

Side one:
"Respect" (Otis Redding) – 2:29
"Drown in My Own Tears" (Henry Glover) – 4:07
"I Never Loved a Man (The Way I Love You)" (Ronnie Shannon) – 2:51
"Soul Serenade" (Curtis Ousley, Luther Dixon) – 2:39
"Don't Let Me Lose This Dream" (Aretha Franklin, Ted White) – 2:23
"Baby, Baby, Baby" (Aretha Franklin, Carolyn Franklin) – 2:54

Side two:
"Dr. Feelgood (Love Is a Serious Business)" (Aretha Franklin, Ted White) – 3:23
"Good Times" (Sam Cooke) – 2:10
"Do Right Woman, Do Right Man" (Dan Penn, Chips Moman) – 3:16
"Save Me" (Curtis Ousley, Aretha Franklin, Carolyn Franklin) – 2:21
"A Change Is Gonna Come" (Sam Cooke) – 4:20




.

No comments: