Monday 2 January 2017

Top 5 Albums of 2016

Going to do a speedy run through my top fives of the year. Starting with my favourite albums of the year, no long wordy explanations this year just a straight list. I found lots of great new music but found it really tough to put them in order (with the exception of my number one) so I've listed my top 30 so if I want to change my mind at some point in the future I'll remember what the other options were.

1. Meilyr Jones "2013"


2. Leonard Cohen "You Want it Darker"


3. The Blind Shake "Celebrate Your Worth"


4. Charles Bradley "Changes"


5. Julia Jacklin "Don't Let The Kids Win"


6. Eleanor Friedberger "New View"
7. Mogwai "Atomic"
8. Angel Olsen "My Woman"
9. David Bowie "Blackstar"
10. Conor Oberst "Ruminations"
11. Tindersticks "The Waiting Room"
12. Field Music "Commontime"
13. The Wave Pictures "Bamboo Dinner In The Rain"
14. Slowcoaches "Nothing Gives"
15. Kiran Leonard "Grapefruit"
16. Laura J Martin "On The Never Never"
17. Emma Pollock "In Search of Harperfield"
18. Pixies "Head Carrier"
19. PJ Harvey "Hope Six Demolition Project"
20. Thee Oh Sees "A Weird Exits"
21. Cowtown "Paranormal Romance"
22. North Sea Radio Orchestra "Dronne"
23. Savages "Adore Life"
24. She Makes War "Direction of Travel"
25. Wild Billy Childish & CTMF "SQ1"
26. Palehound "Dry Food"
27. Giant Burger "Giant Burger Forever"
28. Ultimate Painting "Dusk"
29. Weaves "Weaves"
30. Conrad Keeley "Original Machines"

.

No comments: