Wednesday 1 January 2014

Top 5 New Year Resolutions 2014

I wasn't sure I was going to bother with resolutions this year. My track record has been pretty poor to be frank but I thought I should at least update you on my successes & failures of last year and if I'm doing that I might as well set myself some new ones. Though I'm aiming a little lower this time round.



First the failure report; I did post less top fives but probably ended up blogging more due to my gig reports blog. I did OK with the exercise but struggled to keep things going during the summer holidays. My knowledge of flags, country capitals & the periodic table hasn't improved a great deal, so that appearance on Pointless is still on hold. I cooked a little more often but didn't really expand my recipe collection and I bought two hats, though not sure either could be considered cool.

1. Dryathalon - Exercise and diet will continue to be a top priority and to get 2014 off to a good start I've signed up to take part in Cancer Research UK's Dryathlon. No alcohol from the 1st to the 31st January, it really shouldn't be that hard and I might help raise a bit of money along the way. If you feel like sponsoring me, even the smallest amount can make a difference.

2. Go to less gigs - I love gigs and I find it really hard to resist the lure of an exciting new band but really need to cut back for financial and home improvement reasons. Last year I managed 26, which is the most since my early 20s, and that's a little high when I'm also going to Football. I've already got 5 booked in for 2014, so things don't bode well, but I am going to try and focus on the must see shows.

3. Watch more films - I love films too but with music and football and gigs all taking up time I don't get to watch very many. My TiVo is currently bulging at the seams so I'm determined to make this the year I clear the backlog and fill in a few gaps in my film experience. I might even blog about it, though that might conflict with resolution 4.

4. Blog less - I'm going to try and fell less dictated to by the once a week schedule I've tended to follow. If I blog about gigs (or movies) I'll let them take the slot of a top five. If I write a top five I'm going to try for quality over quantity.

5. Work on the cool hat thing - Of the two hats I got this year I don't feel I really nailed the cool thing. I love the flat cap but haven't quite come to terms with the trilby. I'm not sure I've quite found the occasion to wear it, and if I did I'm not convinced I wouldn't just look like a goon. Might have to find something more suiting to my 45 years, or give up on ever being as cool as Cary Grant.

Anyway, a very Happy New Year to you all. Hope 2014 is a good year for everyone.

.

2 comments:

bereweber said...

a little late, but Happy New Year too! Hey, I miss gigs! I think I should go to more, maybe I will go to the ones you won't ;) Salutes from San Diego!

Chopper said...

Thanks Berenice, hope you have a fabulous 2014.